Stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilescool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm completely torn on what kind of light to get.

The tank is an Innovative Marine SR80, and I'm completely stuck in which lights I want. I want to be able to grow a wide range of corals sps and lps. I have narrowed it down to 3 options: two xr15 pros, two hydra 26, or 2 kessil 360's. I'll be starting with only one light, then be purchasing the second in another month or two, when my wallet allows. But at the moment I'm completely stuck on these three options, currently leaning towards the xr15's at the moment, but still not sure.
Anyone who has experience with any of these lights and has something to say will help me thanks!

All three of the choices will do the trick. I have used Ecotech's radions and AI hydras. Both are now encompassed by the same company if I remember correctly. I really liked the Ecotech lighting management better than what I have for my current AI hydras, but both work.

I have used aqua illumination prime hd for a few months now and love it grows corals and has nice color. Previously used other aqua illumination products with success. If I could afford the ecotech a I would have but feel the aqua illumination is similar and gives same results. Leds are still new to the hobby and have yet to be proven what’s best they all seem to grow corals healthy and happy.

I have AI Primes on one of my tanks and Hydras on the other. I've been very happy with their performance and feel they are a great bang for the buck.

Thanks for all the advice!
I ended up going with the AI hydras and I'm pretty exited for them.

Back
Top Bottom