Stuck fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello has anyone ever had a healthy fish get stuck on a power head and die

when you say stuck... do you mean the fish has been sucked on the water suction part of the pump and cant get out or.....

do you mean that the fish has somehow got itself stuck in between the tank glass and the pump or stuck in the chassis of the pump.

Normally if fish get stuck on the suction part, really means theyre unhealthy.... fish generally have enough strength to easily avoid getting stuck on the sucking part of the pump.

Although, back in the day, I had a foxface and a zebra moral eel.... the eel took it upon itself to rip apart the plastic grate around the sucking part of the pump and left a big hole and the foxface somehow got it's nose stuck in the hole and couldn't get out.... only realised this when I came from work and needless to say, he didn't survive.

Just this last week I found my little frog (fw) sucked up into a Marineland 400 power-head. I turn it on during the day and off during the night and have no idea if it died and got sucked in, if it got sucked in while it was on, or if it had crawled into the crevices during the night and then in the a.m. got killed when the power-head kicked on.

My friend had a 1 1/2" yellow tang that he said he just got like a week ago and he said it was healthy and he woke up in the morning and it was stuck fast to one of his pumps. Just made me wonder if it could happen to me or if it was a common thing which I was hoping it wasn't

If they are stuck in the ph they were probably weak or sick. Most fish would easily get away if healthy.

Back
Top Bottom