Stuck in overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a small serpent star stuck in the wall of my overflow.. Been there for a week now. I put food in front to see if it will come out. But I don't think it can ... I tried sticking a hanger down there to grab n pull it up. But it wen around the side out if site... Anyone have any ideas?

I have a small serpent star stuck in the wall of my overflow.. Been there for a week now. I put food in front to see if it will come out. But I don't think it can ... I tried sticking a hanger down there to grab n pull it up. But it wen around the side out if site... Anyone have any ideas?

Can you shut it down and reach in with your hands?

No. It's stuck in between the two walls . There's an inner wall so the water flows to the top n over.

I know what your talkin about now I just had to get a carpet nem out from there. What I did was took the over flow off the back of my tank and laid it across the top of my tank so the nem was just out of water it started moving on own and by just rotating it around slowly I let the nem come out on its own it took me about an hour. Your serpent will move faster so it probably won't take as long

My overflows are glued permanent in the tank...

Can you take a picture of this space it's in? I wouldn't be using hangars to hook it. You might damage it. If it got in there, it can get out. It probably likes the spot.

I'll take a pic tonight . I'm just afraid that it don't know how to get out. And if it does stay in. It will outgrow the opening. And serpents don't climb walls.. My big one try's it daily and it just falls over. Lol

Back
Top Bottom