Stunner lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for ideas on stunner lights. I don't know anything about what they do or what light color/wavelength is ideal. I have a few corals that I would like to make "pop" and from what I've heard/seen, led stunners are the way to go. I have t5 lighting now and growth has been great but I love the look that the led stunners give. Any ideas on what I should look for. I've seen white, violet, and actinic (blue) but I don't know what works best.

I think the ecoxotic led stunners are great. Purple will really make the colors of the corals pop (and so will a lot of blue). I heard that reds and greens also bring out colors.

I didn't realy care for the stunners. I actually bought a reefbrite led strip. Here is the result, my corals pop!

Attachments

• image-2123551178.jpg
    image-2123551178.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image-278514956.jpg
    image-278514956.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image-4030873572.jpg
    image-4030873572.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 136
Readingexcalibur said:
I didn't realy care for the stunners. I actually bought a reefbrite led strip. Here is the result, my corals pop!

Where did you get the reefbrite led strip? I'm going to Google it now as that's the result I'm looking for! Thank you.

Well I ordered from TBaquatics. I have to admit, they do not have the greatest reviews on customer service, but I didn't have any issues. I ordered the XHO instead of the normal module. It does cost more than the stunners, but this thing blows my old stunners out of the water.

See, the key to making your corals pop is keeping them open as well. A light like the stunner strip normaly does not supply enough PAR to keep polyps open for long. The reefbrite is something like 28w and high par. I can't begin to explain how much my tank turns into a painting with these lights.

I ordered the all blue model. Here is the link. They also offer free shipping on both units.

http://www.tbaquatics.com/reefbrite-reef-brite-tech-xho-led-blue-1169.html

Her is another example I took tonight. Just T5HOs against just my reefbrites. Not only do the colors pop, but now the camera can distinguish definition 100% more accurately. Almost doesn't even appear to be the same Paly, lol BTW, it is a NOS fuel Paly.

Attachments

• image-2609500128.jpg
    image-2609500128.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3450521483.jpg
    image-3450521483.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 73
Wow thanks!! I've been on the fence about which LEDs to get xho is a def now

Back
Top Bottom