Stupid Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my first anemone a couple weeks ago, a haitian pink tip. I was a little less than impressed on delivery as he looked like a little blob of snot. :( But I acclimated him and put on the bottom of my tank where he continued to look like a little blob of snot. The next day after lights out I moved him up onto the top of my rocks where he would be in strong flow and lighting for the next day. I cam back about 15 minutes later and found him fully inflated and secured at the foot. Then he was very pretty. :D

The next day he got 1/2 a silversides which he scarfed quickly and he seemed to be doing really well. After about 4 days I found him moving deeper into the rocks and later I found him balled up but still attached inside my biggest cave. I didnt have time to worry about him at that time and figured I'd work on moving him when I got home from work. But when I got home I found him to be gone. I'm guessing he crawled into a crack somewhere as I can't find him anywhere. He's been MIA for about 3 days now and I have no idea if he's alive or crab food.

I have about 150lbs of carefully 'scaped rock and corals that I would have to move to find the little sucker, so unfortunately I think he's going to stay where he is.

I knew the condy's tended to wander a bit, but I figured he'd move towards light and flow, not away from it.

On the other hand, the 2 cleaner shrimp and the orange linkia he arrived with are doing very well. The star reminds me of a bad skydiver, always splayed out over a pile of rocks. :lol: I keep telling him he's supposed to be cleaning my glass not my rocks, but neither he nor my turbos listen to me.

funny about the starfish. my wife just picked out a sandsifting star to.... well... sift our sand. that thing spends more time on the glass then anywhere. i think we got a glass scraping star that likes to eat pods!

steve r

Sounds like normal behavior for your anenome. It is just getting settled. Let it wonder and find a place that it is satisfied with. Do not try to move it. You can cause it stress and damage it's foot. I recently had a rose BTA that went on the move. He attatched himself to the glass on the front left-hand corner of my tank. He has been there for three weeks now. I (and my clowns) would rather he be on the rocks where he looks better, he seems happy so I will just leave it on the glass.

Yup...that's how it goes. I would also prefer if my fish would spend more time swimming in the front of the tank.... :wink:

I'm not planning on trying to find him. Hopefully he shows up, if not then something hungry will find him I'm sure.

Brad, try feeding your fish with a butterfly fish net clip. Every time I walk by my tank every fish in there swarms up front where the clip is :)

Back
Top Bottom