Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

do you put this on the tank or to you house? im confused.

Captive Purity Pro RO/DI Filter System - Clear Canisters

Old 08-09-2010, 03:03 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryin2layadime View Post
do you put this on the tank or to you house? im confused.

Captive Purity Pro RO/DI Filter System - Clear Canisters
DANG! $$$!!!

Dont get your RO/DI system from there! Go to AirWaterIce or Ebay to get one. All an RO/DI system is is an RO membrane, DI filter, and tubing. Better systems include pre filters that filter out sediments to prolong the life of the RO membrane. Thats all this junk is.

$300 for a 75GPD system?

These connect to your water line and your waste water drain.
Matt

Old 08-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
Wow 2 pages and no one asked for water test results, or comminted on the fact of nitrites present.

Running water thru aquarium filters for a few days does nothing. What do you have in the tank right now in terms of live stock? What are your water test results. Saying they were high and evened out isnt a result. Need actual numbers. Where do you get your ro/di water? Changing less then 10% of water every 2 weeks isnt likely to be enough. Really need about 20% but depends what you keep in the tank
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to harmy4993
I also get the impression you didnt cycle your tank, i also get the impression you ruined your cycle when you cleaned your rocks. If im wrong im sorry but if im right you may wanna do some research in setting up, cycling, and caring for your tank. Your in for alot of dissappointment and money wasted if you dont Do some research.
fan of http://www.reefcleaners.org/
harmy4993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
Wow 2 pages and no one asked for water test results, or comminted on the fact of nitrites present.

Running water thru aquarium filters for a few days does nothing. What do you have in the tank right now in terms of live stock? What are your water test results. Saying they were high and evened out isnt a result. Need actual numbers. Where do you get your ro/di water? Changing less then 10% of water every 2 weeks isnt likely to be enough. Really need about 20% but depends what you keep in the tank
live stock i have 8 different damsels. 2 gold, 2 chromis, 2 yellow tail and 2 4 stripes, i also have 3 turbo snails and one diamond goby. and i changed half the water last week 26 gallons. and i used tap water (i know dont)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmy4993 View Post
I also get the impression you didnt cycle your tank, i also get the impression you ruined your cycle when you cleaned your rocks. If im wrong im sorry but if im right you may wanna do some research in setting up, cycling, and caring for your tank. Your in for alot of dissappointment and money wasted if you dont Do some research.

i let the tank sit fishless for almost 5 weeks before i put anything in there. and when i put fish in there i only added the 8 damsels. over the following weeks i added the goby then the snails. and i have absolutly no live rock just sand.

and for results i only use the test strips nothing else. i do have a hydrometer but its not a refractometer. so as for cycling i did it. i didnt change any water for the first month and a half to allow the damsels to cycle it.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

You added 8 fish, into a cycleless tank ?? The people that excel in this hobby know that the rule is to add 1 fish per month, until you can handle the maximum bioload that your tank will let you have. I'm assuming that all are still alive and you had no casualties ?? Your LR holds all your beneficial bacteria, and is a key part of breaking down ammonia, to nitrites, to nitrates. Most people don't cycle with fish, as its crual to the fish.

What did you put in the tank while it was sitting for 5 weeks ?? And where did you get your advice from ?? We aren't trying to be rude about it, but it seems like you have alot to learn. The internet is your friend.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im guessing that putting 8 fish in at once was way too many to add at once seeing as you likely started with much less ammonia than 8 damsels cause.

Did you see the cycle happen? You need to see an ammonia spike then go to zero. Then see a nitrite spike and go to zero. Lastly should be a heck of a lot of nitrates which get removed via regular PWC.

Man, 8 damsels! Id hate to be a goby in that tank...
Matt
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm the ammonia fairy and all is Well.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
I'm the ammonia fairy and all is Well.
Ill join ya!
Matt
Old 08-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhous3er View Post
You added 8 fish, into a cycleless tank ?? The people that excel in this hobby know that the rule is to add 1 fish per month, until you can handle the maximum bioload that your tank will let you have. I'm assuming that all are still alive and you had no casualties ?? Your LR holds all your beneficial bacteria, and is a key part of breaking down ammonia, to nitrites, to nitrates. Most people don't cycle with fish, as its crual to the fish.

What did you put in the tank while it was sitting for 5 weeks ?? And where did you get your advice from ?? We aren't trying to be rude about it, but it seems like you have alot to learn. The internet is your friend.

the tank was in cycle it wasnt cycleless so to speak, but yes i added the 8 damsels i read that was a good amount to start with and they were the toughest.

Tags
algae, brown algae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com