Stupid light question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pryzz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

Just looking at my tank and wondering about lighting. Is there such a thing as too much light for coral? Or would it just mean re arranging certain types?

Pryzz said:
Hey,

Just looking at my tank and wondering about lighting. Is there such a thing as too much light for coral? Or would it just mean re arranging certain types?

What size tank do you have ? What's in the tank? , and yes certain corals such as soft corals are a low light type therefore too much light might end up bleaching them out .

I've got a 160 litre for now. I'm not looking at upgrading my lights because I'm half way through setting up a 700 litre. Was just wondering.

Yes it is possible for to much lighting on things like mushrooms mainly, the zooxanthellae wont be happy, and die off then your coral will become white, it might sound cool looking on some corals but it means it's very very unhealthy
But most of the time you can put mushrooms under shadows of other rocks if the light is to strong

Back
Top Bottom