stupid me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
im sure this is a stupid question but would prolonged high levels of nitrate kill corals of so they cant return to there natural colour and size ...........

Yes they sure will. How high are your nitrate levels. How are all your other levels? How long has your tank been set up? And yes corals can come back from some of the worst conditions if the preblem is corrected. tell us a little more about your tank and filteration system.

Fishman

saltwatertogo said:
Yes they sure will. How high are your nitrate levels. How are all your other levels? How long has your tank been set up? And yes corals can come back from some of the worst conditions if the preblem is corrected. tell us a little more about your tank and filteration system.

Fishman

Hi there yea my pulseing xenia is thriveing and i still have my sulpher goby still eating and colours still ok .my filtration i am useing eheim 2250 canister filter with filter floss carbon algone and rowaphos all the other levels r in range ph nitrite amonia phos havent tested the calcuim yet but think it should be ok as i do a 10 to 15 percent water change every tuesday forgot to add garvity sitting fine . I also done a 50 percemt water change anout a week ago and live rock looks fine .....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

You need to test your PWC water to make sure you are not adding the nitrates to your tank. Are you using tap water?

Back
Top Bottom