Stupid mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeYQM

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, last week I moved my tank onto a new stand and added a 15 gal sump (30 gal tank). In order to move the tank, I drained about 1/2 the water & replaced with new, along with the 12 or so for the sump. My mistake was not calibrating my Refractometer. It was about .010 out leading to a rapid hypo salinity shift. I've gradually brought it back to 1.026 and things are bouncing back.

My elegance is perfect, acros pretty good, monti & finger leather are getting there but my Xenia & Favia not so much. I know there's nothing I can do at this point other than learn.

The Xenia is the worst off & is shriveled to about 1/4 of its full height & has small bumps all over the stock. Its not opening at all & the hands are closed tight. It slowly shrank but it's been like this for 4 days now, but hasn't gotten worse. I'm assuming some stability in its condition is better than it melting or detaching.

My question is: how long can it last like this while still having a chance to recover and how will I know once it's dead & gone for sure?

29 gallon 15 gallon sump
Biopellet & carbon reactor
SRO skimmer
Nitrates ~0
Phosphates ~0
Alk 12
Ca 460
PH 8.3
Temp 81
Salinity 1.025

Thanks,

Mike

My Zoas & buttons are fine too, along with all other inverts & fish.

Back
Top Bottom