stupid mud/me......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i went and plugged in my fuge today to get it running after putting some of the miracle mud in it and I didnt look to see if there was sand where the tube for inlet goes. well it blew a bunch of sand into my tank and now i cant see two inches into the tank. :censor: Is there a way to help get the sand down to the bottom already? should i turn off the powerheads or what? Will the sand affect my fish any? Thanks a bunch!

Will the sand affect my fish any?

Doubtful, otherwise it wouldn't be safe to use in the fuge.

Is there a way to help get the sand down to the bottom already?

Turning off the powerhead will help it settle faster...but as soon as you turn them back on...it will just kick up again, although maybe not as bad. Try some mechanical filtration.

I would use filter floss. I had the same issue. It took about a week to clear my tank.

here's a pic of my tank when I put my mud in. You can compare to make yourself feel better.:)

Attachments

• img_1672_105.jpg
    img_1672_105.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 89
LOL, thanks ryguy for the humor but unfortunately my tank was worse if you can imagine that. It has settled down a bit down so i think everything will be okay. I just feel bad that all my fish got a stomach full of sand! When i asked if the sand would affect my fish I think i misworded it, I meant if too much in the water floating around cause them to suffocate. Thanks for the help though!

Back
Top Bottom