Stupid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

User

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are RO filters for sw mainly?

Or can they be used effectively for freshwater?

Thanks! I think saltwater people will know this answer quite easily whereas I do not.

even more so yeah, id deff get one if i had the money, and well id see if you can find results for the solids still after the ro unit. some units dont even remove half

ok so the more they remove the better? I need to do more research...

I use RODI water with my 40 gal fresh. I just use 1/2 tsp of Kent RO Right in a 5 gallon batch

Used to have some stringy brown algae and within 4 PWC's saw a world of difference. Like you, I thought about it and said, what the ****. I already own this unit might as well use it for both tanks.

I use RODI water with my 40 gal fresh. I just use 1/2 tsp of Kent RO Right in a 5 gallon batch

Used to have some stringy brown algae and within 4 PWC's saw a world of difference. Like you, I thought about it and said, what the ****. I already own this unit might as well use it for both tanks.

Lol dont own it yet but I plan on buying one. It triggers the spawning for some species as well

Back
Top Bottom