Submersible lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish and corals are used to having their light source above them. I would think that a light in the water with them would really stress them out.

Plus you would be adding more electricity in the tank with the potential for stray voltage. Like Phyl said, I would leave the light above.

Mike

However, if you really want to rock it out I say you get a submersible disco ball and watch your corals get funky. Just cause they're stuck in a tank doesn't mean they don't like to party.

Nøjo said:
However, if you really want to rock it out I say you get a submersible disco ball and watch your corals get funky. Just cause they're stuck in a tank doesn't mean they don't like to party.

ok.. it was funny.. im rolling even.. but please put joke or JK at the end of posts like this.. I realize this one was rediculus.. :p

I agree with the stray voltage risk.. we already have to put pumps and heaters in the water.. the risk/benifit of having a underwater light is out of ballance to the risk side for me..
I can see the want for something like this.. but.. SW inhabitants have so much color naturaly I tend to think that this would detract from the natural atractiveness of the tank.. 03 from above will make many coarls, corline algae, inverts glow/flores.. I would find that much more attractive then colorfull lights.. this is JMO..

I think the only benefit of having a light like this would be that if you mounted it in a way where it was getting some spray you wouldn't have to worry about it burning out or shorting. Most of your lights have to be covered or placed away from the water because of this and you loose some of the quality light!!!

Back
Top Bottom