Substrate for QT tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Openbrain

Aquarium Advice Activist
Know when dealing with ick or QT for a sickness you go bare bottom, but if you starting one because you are going to get a new fish or coral can i use a substrate?

Most people don't keep a QT up,so it may be a waste of substrate to use it.. We QT fish to keep ick (among other things)out of our DT in the first place ,,so substrate or not ,if the fish needs to be treated it won't matter

FTMMWS said:
Most people don't keep a QT up,so it may be a waste of substrate to use it.. We QT fish to keep ick (among other things)out of our DT in the first place ,,so substrate or not ,if the fish needs to be treated it won't matter

Ok i guess i asked because its going in the office and i wanted it a bit "nicer looking.

I have black sand is that ok?

Oh one more question. How long does one QT for observation?

rock and sand will absorb the medication, thats why most people keep the tank as plain as possible. and if you want to put coral in there if you use cooper it may leech out and harm the coral at a later time.

I keep my qt tank separate from a copper tank which I only use copper in

Ok i will leave it bare.

As far as copper are you talking about ick? I did a test and found that hypo salinity works best.

Openbrain said:
Ok i will leave it bare.

As far as copper are you talking about ick? I did a test and found that hypo salinity works best.

I'm talking about anything that involves the need to be treated with copper should be done in a tank designated for just that

Back
Top Bottom