Successfuly rased pistol shrimp fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone successfuly raised shrimp fry? Specificly Pistol shrimp fry? I ask because today I visited a local reefer who had gotten some new corals and wanted to look them up in my coral book. He asked me what the little things where down in a corner of his tank and they where definatly not pods of any sort.

He asked if I thought they could be baby shrimp because the corner of teh tank they where in was the same corner his pair of pistol shrimp habitate. he said they also did not appear until after the pistol shrimp where in the tank.

They do indeed look like little shrimps in that the tail is slighly forked like the biginning of a shrimp tail and the body structure is simular in that the tail end is rather long and skinny in compairson to the main body mass.

I dont think its fish fry as the only two fish that he has a pair of is a pair of green chromis and a pair of yellow tangs.

Not to put a damper on things but they could also be mysid shrimp. :?:
I guess the only way to be sure is once/if they mature and get larger.

Cheers
Steve

Yes im fully aware thts what they could be. I just found it interesting that they where not seen in the tank until after the pistols had been introduced. The spot that they are mostly concerntraded is very much protected from all but some worms and pods.

The pistols in their digging caused a shift on one of his rocks that then slid down till it made contact with the front glass causing the formation of a small pocket of water/sand in the front corner of the tank that no fish or crabs can get to.

Only time will tell i guess.

Back
Top Bottom