suffered a loss today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
well 2 days after having my bta my wife called me today and told me my yellow tang got stung by it and when i got home it died shortly afterwards is this normal behavior? should i be worried it could kill my other fish in there, now all i have left is 2x percula clowns and a squareback anthia. from the minute i got it for some reason the yellow tang was hovering around the bta so i moved it to the other side to avoid this happening

suufered a loss

sorry for your loss. I have lost 2 different sets of fish due to bad advice from lfs and it is very aggrivating.

thats a bummner. My fish can get near my bta from time to time but for the most part stay away from it. I think since he's been on there for so long that he's seems pretty docile.

How do you know it really stung it? Did your wife actually see it happen?

yes she did, she called me as soon as it happend, said the yellow tang got near it(close enough to sting it) then darted away real quick by the time i got home he was dead behind all my rock work, i had the yellow tang for 3 months or so it was otherwise healthy and doing great

Thats what anemonies do they kill to eat.. If something swims neat it that is a possibility it could get stung. This is a risk we all take when having them in our tanks.. So if you like your fish more then an anemone then you may want to get rid if it.
What size tank?
Moving the anemoniw will not help anything, they will move where they want..

its in my 55g tank, and i just moved it because thats where the yellow tang usually hangs out at so i thought if maybe i moved it that would prevent my yellow tang from getting stung, live and learn i guess

man i feel your pain i lost my sand sifter goby to my condy, it is a risk we take the clowns of course will be ok but i was so mad i was ready to get rid of the condy but i cant i am in no hurry with this hobby

My BTA ate one of my green chromis just 2 days ago. I'm not sure how it happened, but I suspect the clowns had something to do with it. I'm not even mad though to be honest...it's just nature.

yea guess your right, now i guess i must deside what fish i want to replace my yellow tang in the coming weeks :(

I once had a pink tipped haitain anemone. 2 days after introducing the anemone, my coral beauty angle died from some damage on the dorsal fin :(. I thought the anemone had something to do with the death so i returned it. I feel ur pain hackteck :x

I`m sorry Hack. But they are right that moving it will do no good as it will move where it wants to. Be careful moving it when it is stuck on the rock as you could tear the foot and it will not survive. Again sorry.

Back
Top Bottom