Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

sufficient light for corals and anenome

I'm looking at the threads dealing with lighting.... will any of these work for any coral or anemone I might some day have?

EVO Quad 48" 5W LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef 64X 5 Watts Fans | eBay

LED Quad 48" 1W Timer Ready Aquarium Light 72x 1 Watts Marine Coral Reef 120 Cm | eBay

EVO Quad 48" LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Saltwater Lunar 64X 3 Watt 3W | eBay

No clams and probably no hard corals, only soft corals and anenomes... Thanks for looking.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by settles4 View Post
I'm looking at the threads dealing with lighting.... will any of these work for any coral or anemone I might some day have?

EVO Quad 48" 5W LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef 64X 5 Watts Fans | eBay

LED Quad 48" 1W Timer Ready Aquarium Light 72x 1 Watts Marine Coral Reef 120 Cm | eBay

EVO Quad 48" LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Saltwater Lunar 64X 3 Watt 3W | eBay

No clams and probably no hard corals, only soft corals and anenomes... Thanks for looking.
Look into taotronics on eBay they are usually 120 watts and have 55 3 watt leds. They will be less expensive than those options. Anemones are about the same care level as hard corals IMO. They also should not go in tanks under half a year old as they need stability.

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

First off what size of tank, all those lights say 3-5 watt led's but none of them tell you what they are putting out in total watts. Just because they have 5 watt led's doesn't mean they are pushing 5 watt, they could be only pushing 1 or 2, its a sells gimmick. Also there are no par ratings and not programable
Old 10-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #4

Its a 55 gal. Looked at the taotronics and don't know which one to get, which are reputable etc. Also don't know how I would mount them yet. The taotronics look like I would need two units for my 55. I'm a long ways from coral or anenomes, just want to set up in the beginning for them so I don't have to upgrade later.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #5

Please forgive my being a total newbie, but if I were to go with one of these units I would need 2 for a 4 ft long 55 gal tank? Some are advertising they cover a 24"x24" area and some say they are good for a 90-180 gal tank.

120W Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Light Dimmable Reef Coral Fish Marine Fixture | eBay
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes I have something like them. 1 for ever 2ft. Make sure you get the dimmable ones. And it helps if you get the ones that are programmable as well. Makes everything easier. You could always put them on timers as well.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #7

Thanks for the advice. I'll be looking at getting a few of these in the near future.
settles4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I really like our Sunbrite system. It is fully programmable. What I am not crazy about is that while it works great on iPhone, iPad or iPod, it doesn't work great on Android devices.

Tags
anenome, coral, corals, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com