Suggestions for coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm researching what coral I could get for my tank. I'm looking for one that has lower light requirements--I want to be able to fill in some spots lower in my tank. I have the pc coralife fixture with 4 - 65 watt bulbs (72 gallon bowfront). I have the following corals now:

sun corals
kenya tree
star polyps
hammer coral
frogspawn
mushrooms
ricordias

I've never had good luck with zoa's.

Can you suggest any coral that would do well in the lower regions in the tank. I have both low flow and high flow areas.

Does anything come to mind??

Brain coral on the substrate would be a good choice.

I bet that lovely purple brain you've got would look absolutely BEAUTIFUL in my tank!

A side note here--My brain coral recovered from it's injury and it's doing well.

I've only seen the bubble coral in a white/yellow color.....is that right or am I looking at the wrong web sites?

They also come in that "standard" LPS color... green. Seen some pink ones too.

My first one was yellowish when I got it, but eventually turned light green where I put it. Too much light, I think. It died a premature death by clumsy crabs/snails and dumb placement by me. I just got another a couple weeks ago and parked it in a smarter place... I think. On the bottom, kind of under an overhang. It's white, and seems to be staying white. Might even be getting a pink tinge to it, but it's too early to tell.

OH OK I did not see brain coral in your list. Sorry about that. My bubble is green. I dont see any finger leathers on your list.

Back
Top Bottom