Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2004, 12:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

suggestions for dwarf angel or small butterfly for 45g?

Looking for a recommended dwarf angel or butterfly that would do well in a 45g fowl. I have my QT tank setup and ready. The tank is 6mo old with 50lb lr, aquac skimmer, a cleanup crew and only 2 small percs so far. Thanks for any suggestions...

Old 06-16-2004, 01:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Personally I have a lemonpeel. Nice fish, the smaller the better, can be aggressive at times. Get your angel last...Not the first fish in the tank or even the third. Flame angels are awesome. The smaller the better and shop around for a healthy specimen with lot of blue/indigo. The live rock is like a playground to them, love to swim through holes in rock.

50 gallon saltwater fish only...1 mated pair yellowtail damsels, neon dottyback, tomato clown, huma trigger, lemonpeel angel, 12 stripe wrase, bi-color blenny, dozen or so hermit crabs-scarlet and mexican, cerith snails, turbo snails, orange linkia starfish, 50 plus pounds of purple-pink coraline encrusted rock and a few mushrooms.

Redsea prism protein skimmer, 404 Fluval, UGF with two 201 powerheads.

7 gallon tank with 6 pounds of live rock and countless brittlestars, 5 hermit crabs, snails and 1 False Percula Clown fish and Camel Back Dancing shrimp
1neondottyback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 07:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I've got a mostly purple coral beauty, looks great under actinic and has been friendly to everything else so far. Kind of a wuss really, he's gotten nipped on by a mollie that is now gone.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

your best bet is going to be with one of the dwarf angels. I would try a flame, coral beauty, lemonpeel, Eibl's, or koran. I never recommend butterflies to people as they are hard to aclimate and are picky eaters. Most of the dwarf angels are very hardy and easy to keep.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Kohan Bros.
the flame angle is another dwarf angle that would look great like the lemonpeal and r very active. As for the butterflies their arnt that many that thrive in samll tanks so it may take some research or tnk up grade for one of those gook luck with what ever u do
Old 06-16-2004, 11:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I just added a Coral Beauty to my tank. I almost got her eating from my hand now. Maybe a couple more days to a week and she'll be doing it. My 2 Clowns eat from my hand now.

Coral Beauty is a very docile fish from what I am seeing. Gentle and very pretty fish to look at.

Mike
5-6 Inch Sand Bed-200+ lbs of LR
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:51 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think lemonpeels are a little iffier in a reef than some other dwarfs. That's just from reading tho', never had one myself.

Tags
angel, butterfly, dwarf, dwarf angel, fly, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com