Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Suggestions for my cleanin crew

i have a 90 gal. i have a algae problem on my rock and glass.

i was wonderin if you could recomend reef save inverts, something to clean brown stuff of my sand, and aglae of my rock

i want hermit crabs, shrimp, crabs, snails

philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:49 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Bi-color blennys and bristle tooth tangs can do some work on the rock too.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would get some hermit crabs and shrimp to clean up excess waste. I would get some snails to clean up the rocks and glass. Get different kinds of snails. I would really look into what kind of crab would be reef safe for you. Most reefer's think crabs are evil!! I dont have any, besides hermits.

With that size tank, I would get about 100 snails, and about 50 hermits. IMO.
Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:31 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
100 snails seems crazy to me. I dont have snails yet, put I was going to get 12 for a 37 gallon tank.

I have about 9 hermits in there right now, I will need more.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

clean, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com