Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Lightbulb Suggestions for next fish?

I currently have a 55 gallon set up, its been up and going 3 1/2 months and currently houses 1 orange diamond goby, 9 hermits, 4 turbo snails, and a cleaner shrimp. All of my parameters are good as far as the water goes.

I had 2 clownfish, and they didn't show signs of ich and ate like pigs, but weren't very active- and then kicked the bucket. I have since then set up a quarantine tank and will be using it from now on (learned my lesson).

I want to get a fish that will be a fun one to watch. I love my goby and while watching him excavating 'his' tank is fun, I would like to have one that is an active swimmer.

I do want another pair of clownfish at some point, but I was wondering what other fish would be a good fit for right now? What do you have that is your 'pretty' swimmer fish?

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Are you a reef setup or FOWLR? If fish only are you intending on getting corals anytime soon? that will dictate some of the fish you can get.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oops, I forgot that piece of info! I plan on doing a reef tank
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

How about a reef safe wrasse? Or maybe some chromis? Could do an anthias in there too. Very colorful fish.

theres so many more to choose from, more people will chime in

Tags
suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com