Suggestions for Starting up my SW Collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(Double Quote!)
Just you don't want it to be easy to get restocked for fish because these fish are taking out of the ocean. Make sure the fish won't get eaten!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Most of the fish are too big for my sharks to even get, and if you keep sharks well fed, they won't expend the extra energy to catch more food.

If you are 5 to 7 years out,with all the advances being made in reef aquarium equipment,wouldn't
It make more sense to wait till closer to your start date?
Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm going to remove a few tanks from the list here just to save space and money.

As of now the list is:

12 foot Intex pool FOWLR
40 breeder mantis shrimp tank
210 gallon octopus tank
29 BioCube reef
??? gallon shark tank (in office - nothing over 2,000 gallons its going to house smaller sharks)
180 gallon for porcupine puffer

I want to see pics of all these species you've kept. Especially the sharks. Your pics... Not pics from net.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the biggest thing with all these threads is none of these tanks are gonna be a reality for about 3-7 years. Why not setup a reef tank, small coldwater tank and fowler right now? That way you'll have a base to go off of. No one on here has any idea of your experience other than what you have said.

Imo the octopus tank does not seem realistic, that tank size seems to small. And maintaining that species seems like something best left to public aquaria.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He says he kept sharks and lungfish... Im curious for proof.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom