Suggestions of what to add to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HusbandsTank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We have a 20 gal with a lone yellowtail damsel. We did have two clowns that apparently had ich from the pet store and the succumbed to it. The damsel got it but fought it off. Its been about 6 months and no sign of ich anymore.

So what would be good to add to our small tank? I love red and other colorful or striking black and white fish. But everything I see is too small and peaceful or will get too big for our tank! Help!

Your kind of limited with a 20 gal. you could do some firefish, ocellaris clown fish, clown goby, cardinals or maybe some chromises obviously not all of them that would overstock your tank.

Just be aware, you probably still have ick in the tank. YT Damsels are hardy little buggers and would probably survive ick easily. Unfortunately, unless you go fallow for 6-8 weeks, the ick parasite will always be there. Adding new livestock will expose them as well. As the YTdamels are so mean, they may stress out the new fish, weakening their immune systems to ick.

Go fallow? Not sure what that means.

I was told to stay away from the small peaceful fish like the firefish and gobys, since he is bigger and more aggressive. Is that false?

And yes they are hardy hes been through a lot! He even had a small rock fall on him and he had a white scratch on his head for a little while but is fine now! Lol. I guess thats why I'm attached to him unlike any other fish we have had.

I guess i'm kinda stuck with him! What about a domino or bw striped damsel? The guide says 30 gals but im only going to be getting at most two more fish plus our live rock is fairly minimal. They are marked as aggressive though and the yt is semi.

You should get another yellow tail or more as they like each others company! Make sure they are the same kind!! Or a goby with a tiger shrimp, they are all very hardy

Back
Top Bottom