Suggestions on clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What would y'all suggest?
Right now I have 2 emeral crabs
1 peppermint shrimp
4-6 snails

I'm still getting a Lil brown color on my sand ... I have slowed down on feeding thinking that was y... So need Lil help... I'd like to get that alge under control before I add another fish

My blue legged hermits demolished my substrate diatoms. My astrea snails do pretty good on the glass

Good flow and time will take care of it. There really is no need for a clean up crew other than for looks and diversity.

So I need to get more crabs in other words? When u put the snails on the rocks that needed to be cleaned they did a good job on the parts they were on n u can tell where they did clean...

My crabs ate the sand and rock diatoms. I say get some blue legged and red legged hermits.

EriksFish315 said:
Don't add chemicals to get rid of diatoms they will go away on there own or with a small CUC.

Ok thanks :) I just seen this stuff earlier I didn't buy it was just wondering

Good flow and time will take care of it. There really is no need for a clean up crew other than for looks and diversity.
+1.gif

You do not need any crabs or snails or starfish.

Sure, and in time that will all go away. Every new tank goes through this. It's inevitable, and will leave as fast as it came. It's just new tank growing pains.

mr_X said:
Sure, and in time that will all go away. Every new tank goes through this. It's inevitable, and will leave as fast as it came. It's just new tank growing pains.

Oh ok ... Thanks for the information

Back
Top Bottom