Suggestions on colorful fish to add

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly0707

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

I have a 55 gallon reef tank. I am looking to add the last additional fish. I am looking for a really colorful fish safe for corals and not aggressive.

I have :

2 oscellaris clowns
1 firefish
1 six line wrasse
1 mandarin dragonette
1 chromis
1 watchman goby
1 Bangii cardinal
Pistol shrimp
Various snails
A few coral

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't add anything else and just watch your tank to see how things go. I say that because the 6 line wrasse and mandarin is concerning as they have the same food source and the wrasse easily out competes the mandarin for food. This is even if they eat prepared food.

Other than that, it sounds similar to my 55 tank currently sitting at 8 fish. Is a nice spot for my 55 reef without major parameter issues.

Thanks,everything has been fine so far the mandarin eats nutra mar ova, I have had him for over 5 months now and the wrasse for 3 years.

I wouldn't add anything else and just watch your tank to see how things go. I say that because the 6 line wrasse and mandarin is concerning as they have the same food source and the wrasse easily out competes the mandarin for food. This is even if they eat prepared food.

Other than that, it sounds similar to my 55 tank currently sitting at 8 fish. Is a nice spot for my 55 reef without major parameter issues.

What do you have fish?

I recently added a Midas Blenny to my tank. Very cool fish.

Your pretty well stocked. I wouldn't add anything else unless you plan for that six line to at least chase it around, they can be pretty territorial especially with only a 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom