Suggestions on fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jester1026

Aquarium Advice Regular
So a recent upgrade (58 gallon to 120 gallon) has me at a crossroad on which fish, if any, to add to the new tank.

Current stock list:
Lawnmower Benny
Midas Benny
Coral beauty
Yellow coris wrasse
Mandarin ( eats frozen and pellet)
And 4 tank raised clowns ( soon to be a mated pair of SA black ice clowns)

I would love a tang but even for a short term while its young ( or till another upgrade) would be unfair to the fish.
I was thinking about reef chromis or possibly cardinals.

Would love some input from anyone with an idea.

If the yellow coris wrasse gets as big as the red coris wrasse then its a bad idea! Haha they get huge! I dont think i would add multiple pairs of clowns in that small of a tank but it has been done before :)

This is about the 58 gallon ^^^ idk what you ment about the 120 sorry...

I upgraded to the 120. The wrasse and 2 clowns came with the tank I bought.

Um, if the tang is 6' long you could easily get a variety of tangs (not more than one, you can choose from species though), and if its 4' (which I know its atleast) you could definitely get a tomini or kole tang.

Jester1026 said:
I upgraded to the 120. The wrasse and 2 clowns came with the tank I bought.

How long is your tank? If it is 6 feet you can have any tang you want! Haha :) 2 clown pairs will be ok in a big tank like that and so will the coris wrasse! Maybe get a foxface fish or a butterfly for the bigger tank?

My 58 was up for almost 2 years and the 120 was up about the same. They got combined when I bought the 120 setup.
The tank is only 4' long

I had looked at a kole but with 350 lb of rock in the display I fear it won't have as much room to swim around as it should.

Ya thats not much swimming room for any fish that swims alot! Do you hve any pics of the tank? :) too bad you dont have more room!

Figured it would throw in a fts.

Attachments

• image-3555788717.jpg
    image-3555788717.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 115
I would love a butterfly but I don't want to lose any of the corals I have.

There are some butterflys that are "with caution" and for the most part are reef safe...I've had my "reef safe" chromis begin to destroy every polyp he seen so it can go either way but I'd say the odds are worth it because they are stunning fish (ive seen many copperbands do well in reef tanks)

The more I look at the saddleback butterfly the more I love the colors.

Not any rang you want with a 6' long tang. Vlamingi tangs and unicorn tangs and maybe nasos, clowns, etc get too large. But you could get a lot lol.

Back
Top Bottom