Suggestions on Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So far things have gone very well in my reef tank. Everyone is healthy. I continue to do my weekly 20% wc and the water quality is great. I don't have many creatures in my tank but would like to add another. I'm was thinking of adding a kole tang but was wondering what other fish I might be able to add? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a yellow tang and 2 clown fish now.....and many other soft corals. Thanks again!

Innovator said:
What size tank is this?
Pssst, it's in her "my info", in case you have that turned off....
72 gal Bowfront
85 lbs of Live Rock
20 gal sump
Coralife Super Skimmer (125 gal cap)
mated pair of clown fish
1 large leather coral
mushroom coral (med sized)
1 Kenya tree coral
1 large torch coral
4 turbo snails
1 mondo-sized cleaner (skunk) shrimp
1 Blue Leg Hermit Crab
1 Yellow Tang

Sorry about that :) Usually I do not look up info as it's just another screen to pop up...I have enough multitasking going on as is lol.

You could probably get away with the kole, but I wouldn't add any other tangs from there on. Other fish possibilites include, anthias, cardinals, dwarf angels, wrasses, gobies blennies, etc.

I would be careful of the dwarf angels as they are known coral nippers. I had to evict my two.
I like your choice of the yellow eyed Kole tang. I had one with my yellow for many years.

I ventured out to the lfs and picked up a lawnmower blenny and the yellow eyed kole tang (along with yet another large piece of frogspawn). I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that everyone plays nicely.

if you decided to get a few cardinals, get like 3 pajama cardinals...they are SO cute and do better in a "group"

Back
Top Bottom