Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Suggestions please for my tank

I was looking for some suggestions.. My current tank has a tang and four damsels. I have a good amount of live rock and a sand bottom. I was looking at possibly a anemone. Also I was looking at some fish to maybe a SnowFlake eel, Banggai Cardinal, Orange Stripe Prawn Goby. But for the most part I dont want to have a reef setup I want to work with the live rock. Any Ideas.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You might want to include the tank size and how long it has been running. Most people recommend a well established tank for anemone.

I won't say anymore since I am a newb here myself

Old 10-09-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Anemone's can sometimes move around in a tank and sting the corals so thats something to be aware of. From what ive read its not a good for beginners, they need extensive light and attention. Cardinals need an established tank. Snowflake eels are ok, i havent had one so i cant really say. You dont want the reef setup you want to work with live rock?? No idea what you mean there.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

the tank is 28 gallon bowfront... its been running for 6 months... alot of marine life has grown from the live rock.. i also got four turbo snails in there...
Old 10-09-2003, 10:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

i think 28 gallons is too small for a tang, and the snow flake moray needs atleast 70gallons and will eat any shrimp or carbs in your tank, i found crushed crab shells in my tank form some crabs that came with my live rock, mabey try a coral beauty or a flame angel?

Tags
suggestions, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com