Suicidal Green Chromis?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was watching my green chromis today and it did something extremely weird. It was watching my BTA for like 30 secs. before it... DIVED into the tentacles to nip at something. The tentacles retracted and the chromis swam away. What is it doing?! Comitting suicide? lol Or is it... trying to host lol!

It was probably checking out the real estate. lol I had one that was hosted by a fuzzy mushroom.

Checking out an anemone lol. It might as well get eaten XD Im glad it's not showing any sign of being stung. How is this possible tho? Why is it not stung?

The same way a clownfish does I would guess. A few tentitive dives for the anemone to get used to it doesn't sting. There are other damsels that will do this as well. The domino comes to mind. ;)

Wow... It's gonna be funny if my chromis is actually hosted by my bta lol. My clowns are gonna be missing out if they don't start bidding on the estate XD Thanks for the info Fluff, u put me at ease :D

Back
Top Bottom