Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmonson

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking for a sump for a 29 gallon tank what size should I get and where is a good place to buy one?

A 10 gal would work but I don't think that size is available in the market so you have to build it yourself. You also need to drill your 29 gal for overflow.

I've got a 30 gallon and can say everything is awesome without a sump. Got a bh1000 octopus protein skimmer, hob filter running Purigen, 2 power heads, 30 lbs live rock and just took it slow with adding stuff to the tank. Tank looks great.

I've got a 30 gallon and can say everything is awesome without a sump. Got a bh1000 octopus protein skimmer, hob filter running Purigen, 2 power heads, 30 lbs live rock and just took it slow with adding stuff to the tank. Tank looks great.

Agree I have a 36 and46 bowfront with hob. There both doing great reef tanks 46 has some sps. I run purigen and carbon. I use the emperor 200 on 36 and 400 on 46 no problems with nitrates and I use the bio wheels. But a sump is a great investment if you can do it I have one on my 75 and it is worth it for larger tanks.

I have a 65 reef with a hob I just wanted to try a sump on the 29 I'm am going to set up. I have never had a sump before.

I have a 65 reef with a hob I just wanted to try a sump on the 29 I'm am going to set up. I have never had a sump before.

Do you have room to fit a sump underneath it? If you do, get as big as a sump as you can! For example use another 29 gallon tank as a sump and put a refugium in it. That your tank has more total volume in it which is always good. You can hide your equipment and the equipment usually is better than hob versions. Plus if you do a 29 gallon sump... You can upgrade to a bigger tank in the future and already have most of the set up still! If you can fit it, do it. Get the biggest possible IMO:)

Agree I have a 36 and46 bowfront with hob. There both doing great reef tanks 46 has some sps. I run purigen and carbon. I use the emperor 200 on 36 and 400 on 46 no problems with nitrates and I use the bio wheels. But a sump is a great investment if you can do it I have one on my 75 and it is worth it for larger tanks.

Do you have pics of your 46g?

Back
Top Bottom