Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would, The most bubbled are going to be created by the skimmer and putting it as far away from the return is a good way of keeping micro bubbles out of the display.

You could do just the chaeto if you wanted. You don't really need rubble and I would advise against a DSB in a refugium. There's just not enough surface area to make a DSB useful.

I agree with all of this. I've got a garage clip on light for both of my tank's fuges. I added rock for the bacteria and for a more permanent pod habitat. I figure Chaeto will get trimmed, but the rock will be a constant. DSB seems like a potential mess and I agree that it would probably not be enough to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any suggestions on a protein skimmer. Leaning towards the hydor slim skim

Instead of a 20high I am going to use a 20 long. Had a scratched up 20l lying around. Didn't think it would fit underneath but ended up fitting perfectly. So now have a bigger footprint and don't have to spend another 20 on a tank.

After even me research I now am leaning towards the sca 301. Has anybody had any experience with this skimmer

Back
Top Bottom