Sump and skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oujeeper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well everyone thank you for your other help it is always most appreciated. :D Got another couple of questions. Surprise right? :lol: Is there some sort of rule of thumb to use when deciding what size of sump to have? Specifics on my setup will be a 72G BF as a reef tank with lr, ls and minimal fish. Trying to get an idea on how to size one. The other question I have right now is, has anyone used the Won Clean-Up skimmers? They sound too good to be true at $75 for 125gal capacity at http://www.foryourfish.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/FYF-PR10.htm minus pump.

Thanks again,
OUjeeper

sump/skimmer

I'm not familiar with that skimmer.
As for the sump size, bigger is better. I would get the largest one that would comfortably fit in the stand. One thing you need to look for is a sump that has the capacity to hold all the water that will run into it in the event of a power/pump failure. A larger sump also gives you plenty of room for equipment.
Logan J

My sump is an old 20 gal. tank and handles my 75 gal. reef and 15 gal. Refugium. I have read many posts where they are using rubbermaid containers they will work just as well. As for the protien skimmer I am not familar with the one you have posted. I am using the Berlin Turbo unit works great, Not saying its the best just works good for me.

Back
Top Bottom