Sump fillers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J33ps said:
Normally you put your filter pads on top of those holes

Well I had many people tell me that it didn't help haha so I took them off, is there any other way I can take off the tray and still get mechanical filtration?

I really don't wanna sell this whole setup and buy a new one

Yes just like I said before u will have to put another pipe in where your return pipe is and put a filter sock on that pipe

image-3757965018.jpg

This is how I did mine add another 3 in to the return line so it would fit the filter sock I bought a ten gal tank for 15 at petco got tank silicone put a couple of piece of glass in there

You may not have to mine was cheap but my sump was different then yours sent a pic of where the water comes it

J33ps said:
Yes just like I said before u will have to put another pipe in where your return pipe is and put a filter sock on that pipe

Okay are you talking about the pipe from the overflow? I can easily tie a filter sock onto that pipe, is your top glass or plexiglass?
I'm worried if I get plexiglass the light will warp it
Ok here i will take as detailed pictures as i can of each chamber
First pic is the side of the first chamber, the pipes are behind the protein skimmer, third pic is between second and third chambera

Where does your water come it and I used whatever was cheep and clear by the looks so far you could like terrace said cut part of your top off where your going to put your light and cover it I used plexy glass because you could cut holes where tubes were comeing out and it was cheep I got it from a place that cuts it and had scrap

J33ps said:
Where does your water come it and I used whatever was cheep and clear by the looks so far you could like terrace said cut part of your top off where your going to put your light and cover it I used plexy glass because you could cut holes where tubes were comeing out and it was cheep I got it from a place that cuts it and had scrap

The pipes come in from the top of the left chamber, not connected to the plastic piece...if I cut a piece of plexiglass the exact same size of the white plastic piece it will all fit fine...your plexiglass isn't warping because of the light is it?

I got 1/8 in because it was 3.50 cent I went cheep so yes it did but just cut a round hole in yours get that light I was talking about it don't get hot at all put the light right over the hole make sure it just fits the medal rim and the rest is open for light get u may want to put the white thing with the holes down where the egg crate is so the algae will not go into your pump

Or just keep the filter pad u have below your bioballs right where it's at and stick some hair algae in there with the light

No you don't need sand the only problem I see you haveing is some algae don't like a lot of water flow

Well I was just reading that chaeto likes medium water flow and thats about what I have in there, how much of it should I put in there? I mean should I fill that whole column up with some chaeto?

No get a hand full or so it grows fast and when it fills the area up cut it in half and do it all over again

Back
Top Bottom