Sump fillers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
J33ps said:
It doesn't have to be perfect cut a square with a skill saw or use a drill draw a circle or trace the medal light come in a half in or so drill holes every 1/8 in all the way around and use a knife and pop in throw

Good idea haha my friend has a Skil saws all I can use

If he has a drill it may be a little better then you can make it a little rounder but if he don't that's fine to or a jig saw

J33ps said:
Or a grinder with a cut off wheel the only one that will ever see it is you and the algae the algage don't care if its perfect lol

So here's what I'm gonna need to do to convert my sump into a refugium tell me if I'm wrong or need to do something or take away something:
1.Buy filter socks to add to pipes for the overflow for mechanical filtration
2. Remove blue and white filter tray
3. Cut a hole in the plastic cover
4. Buy a shop light fixture and 14 watt fluorescent bulb
5. Remove bio balls
6. Add chaeto!
An I missing anything
Heres another picture:

Make sure either leave the filter u have down at the bottom or try to get the blue and white try where the white egg crate is so the cheato down go in to your pump

J33ps said:
Make sure either leave the filter u have down at the bottom or try to get the blue and white try where the white egg crate is so the cheato down go in to your pump

Sorry I couldn't really understand what your saying, are you saying to move the blue and white tray down where the egg crate is an out the filter on top of that and then the chaeto?

If you can move the blue and white thing down there great then get rid of the egg crate and filter if not then leave the egg crate and a filter pad that will block the the square holes so when you put the cheato on top it will not run through to you pump out your pump or even worse clog the pump

J33ps said:
If you can move the blue and white thing down there great then get rid of the egg crate and filter if not then leave the egg crate and a filter pad that will block the the square holes so when you put the cheato on top it will not run through to you pump out your pump or even worse clog the pump

Oh shouldn't I put the filter pad on top of the tray even if I can't get it down there?
And what do you use to keep moisture from getting into your light fixture?

Either way it doesn't madder the point is you don't want cheato algae in you pump it's not good for them and for the light try it and see u see fish stores do it all the time try it for a while it shouldn't hurt it

When I did the cheato algae in my sump which was for about a year I never had a problem and I never had a cover and I'm still using the same light if you want leave a half in between the light and your plastic cover so the water will go out and past rather then just on you light but if it was me I wouldn't worry about it

Back
Top Bottom