Sump for 130 mixed reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just some thoughts..

make enough space in the first chamber for the skimmer..
raise the second baffle and remove some materail from the bottom of it (to give some space under it) that should make a bubble trap for you..

make the rest of the sump a big fuge (possibly put another chamber at the end to house the retun pump)

I would pass on the DSB or Mud and go with free floating macro's

Oppinons could differ quite a bit ;)

I own two Mag Drives (a 7 and a 36) and they both stink. I use the Mag 7 to mix SW in a large trash can because it also heats the water to about 80 degrees on its own.

I've had SOOOOO many problems with the mag drives and don't recommend them. On the other hand, since I bought my blueline, I've been thrilled with it. My Mag 36 is in it's box on a shelf in case of an extreme emergency (and it would have to be extreme).

Danner has been decent (but slow) as they replaced the impeller on my 7 twice (and redesigned it because of the number of problems), and the impeller once on my 36 and the entire 36 once since it siezed up.

Just thought I would throw this out. You could probably search this site for mag drive and see all of my problems as they were occuring.

IMO the mag drives are great pumps.. I use a 7 on my skimmer and I know a lot of folks that use them with no issues. I have a mag 12 that is going as my main return on my 125 when the Sen I have now craps out.
I would only have 1 pump as the return not 2. Look into a external pump like BF uses or get a Mag 12 or larger return pump.
Its amazing that there there are good and bad experiences with every product we use.

Mag's are good pumps up to the 7 model.. the 9's are ok
A 36 8O I could see were someone would think it would stink

I was refering to making the intake section for skimming and the rest of it for fuge ;)

Back
Top Bottom