Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
sump instalation

I have a 90 gallon tank I have had it up for 8 months with a hang on back protien skimmer, several powerheads, and a hang on the back double biowheel power filter 75 lbs live rock and crushed coral.

fish six line wrasse, foxface lo, Ocellaris Clownfish, Sailfin Tang, Sailfin/Algae Blenny, Bulb Anemone, feather dusters, pumping xenia

I was wondering if some one could help me with my problem

My water is hard to keep clear and I wanto install a sump

The problem is I have an
aga all glass aquarium on a a pine stand --Two doors with a bar in the center. --I want to install a sump and when I tried to put thesump/aquarium (dimensions 30 x 12x 12) under the cabinet it would not fit because of the small opening do to the cross bar. how do I get the sump into the cabinet without tearing down tank and stand.

anyone with some sugestions?

xanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
You could try two smaller tanks.

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
If you are daring...you can see what was done here with supporting the tank with some wood brace, and removing the center brace, inserting the sump, and replacing it:

P.S. I am NOT that daring
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Could you get a picture of your stand...I am facing similar problems but have come up with some solutions largely based on the things shown on www.melevsreef.com (btw, a great place for ideas and information!!) With some pictures of your stand I would be glad to offer my help!
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Drain it and then remove the center brace. The way on Melev's site will work but you better be careful. When I had a sump underneath my tank I removed a side of the stand so I could slide the sump in. I built my stand so I knew what I could remove without affecting the structure of the stand.
*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
My stand has a side door for this purpose and I have 55g sump that I can slide in and out. I designed it this way and my friend built it. You could always precut everything and assemble it in the stand!

angelscrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com