Sump off time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my 75g SW tank cycled and have been slowly stocking it. I have(as per posts & chat), ~9 hermits, 3 turbos, 6 astreas, 2 true perc clowns, 4 peppermint shrimp, 1 convict damsel & 1 blenny. I am wondering about my sump pump. How long can I shut it off for when feeding the tank? I do leave running the 3 Surge 750's for movement. I want the food to settle down & get a chance to be eaten by the crabs and other bottom living ones. Is 10-15 mins too much?

You can leave it off as long as you need to for feeding. I think you could leave it off for an hour if that's what it takes. 15 min is nothing to worry about. It's a good idea to cut the sump off or all the food gets sucked into the overflows.
Logan J

Hi guys, i'm new around here. Please forgive my dumb questions :oops: Do I have to shutt off pumps, skimmers when feeding? I have never done so.

Do I have to shutt off pumps, skimmers when feeding? I have never done so.

No you don't have to, but if you have alot of flow in the tank, and the food gets sucked into the overflow before the fish can get it....you might want to.

Thanks for the reply. I will watch out for this when I get my 120 going, since I plan to have a great deal more flow going in that one. :D

Back
Top Bottom