sump performance declining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My overflow box is transparent. It never requires maintenance after installing the lifting pump to suck the air bubbles trapped on top of the syphone tube. This air trapped gradually accumulates and reduces the volume of water flowing. I can turn off my return for as long as I want and never have a problem with the syphone thing. In fact, I have an auto shut off synchronized with my timer for feeding.

My overflow box is transparent. It never requires maintenance after installing the lifting pump to suck the air bubbles trapped on top of the syphone tube. This air trapped gradually accumulates and reduces the volume of water flowing. I can turn off my return for as long as I want and never have a problem with the syphone thing. In fact, I have an auto shut off synchronized with my timer for feeding.

I think I need to clean my u-tube better. I tried to open things up and still can't go more than half way at best. I like the lifting pump idea but I don't have any air bubbles in my siphon tube right now so I don't think its that. I have a feeling my silencer is hindering flow a little also (someone mentioned that earlier). My tube brush just came in so this weekend everything will get a Goo scrubbing.

Yes the silencer can slow the flow, i ended up removing mine and sticking a piece of airline tubing in its place to quiet it down some. My best solution was getting my tank drilled

I tried that before I built the silencer. It was quite loud still with the air line. I would love to have my tank drilled. I'm not sure I can with mine, maybe the next one.

Back
Top Bottom