Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Loki4711
im not sure how much extra space i need for the backflow but the way i see it i left about 2 gallons for backflow. if the pump cuts out the tank will just fill up all the way. or most of the way depending on the amout of overflow from the tank. the water level should just leve out due to preasure from the incoming water. the water flows into the first chamber then underneath to the protein skimmer then back up into the next chamber which creates even flow to the fuge area. it has to flow from the protein skimmer chamber into anothe chamber is that it would not have evin flow in the corner next to the intake chamber. so i put up a secound wall just lower then the wall leving the ps chamber.

10 gal sump refugium
berlin air-rise proteine skimmer
60 gal. wisper power filter
1 damsel, 1black urchent, 1 arrow head crab, 1 red baned shrimp, 1 coral banded shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 sandsifting star, 3 mexican tubo snails
Loki4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
Welcome....another Tampa member.... (stpete here but close enough)

Old 03-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Loki4711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki4711
im not sure how much extra space i need for the backflow but the way i see it i left about 2 gallons for backflow. if the pump cuts out the tank will just fill up all the way. or most of the way depending on the amout of overflow from the tank. the water level should just leve out due to preasure from the incoming water. the water flows into the first chamber then underneath to the protein skimmer then back up into the next chamber which creates even flow to the fuge area. it has to flow from the protein skimmer chamber into anothe chamber is that it would not have evin flow in the corner next to the intake chamber. so i put up a secound wall just lower then the wall leving the ps chamber.
this is not shown in the scetche i thought of it afterwords.

10 gal sump refugium
berlin air-rise proteine skimmer
60 gal. wisper power filter
1 damsel, 1black urchent, 1 arrow head crab, 1 red baned shrimp, 1 coral banded shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 sandsifting star, 3 mexican tubo snails
Loki4711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dry, filter, refugium, sump, wet, wet/dry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com