Sun coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got my sun coral a couple days ago and it's doing great. Do they open every night or just when they are hungry? I tried to feed it but it wasn't open tonight. It's "body" was out of the skeleton but it's tentacles weren't out.

Sun corals will open up every night , I feed mine every second day. Turn the lights off an squirt a lil mysis in and they will open up to feed. Also if you feed them at the same time every night they will soon get used to the schedule .

Okay. I squirted a little bit of mysis on them and they opened some but no tentacles yet. Do yours open slow?

Yeah after I shoot some shrimp in it takes about 20-25 min with lights out , and the slowly come out

Keep trying to feed it at the same time. I have trained mine to extend at 6 pm every night with the lights on.

On a side note feeding every day is not required , I left for a 6 days and the person taking care did feed them ( I told them not too since they have never dealt with SW tanks before) and no dead polpys

Back
Top Bottom