sun coral in training.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ive been trying to train my sun coral to come out more doring the day? right now the polyps only come out when its hungry our about 15 min after i feed the tank. does anybody have any good info or tips to make hime come out more doring the day.

heres a picture am i giving him too much light? should i put him in a shadier spot

Sorry forgot the pic h/o
img_1691588_0_d0685b7f8c10f0f21fbfadbc16696934.jpg

Last edited:
the tip is to feed the tank during the day, so that it comes out when the lights are on...eventually, it will stay out all the time when the lights are on or at least when you are feeding. i would keep it out of direct light though. these are one of the corals out there that still look awesome without direct light hitting them.
i have a black sun coral in my sump right now that was given to me to rehab (it's a little early for me to rehab anything since my tank is so new, but it was failing in the other guys tank, so i said i'd give it a shot).
right now he's getting used to being fed at night when the sump light is on, but not aimed at him.
this is a flash pic however....
img_1691603_0_56d1ecd9b41bdac4604943f934d70752.jpg

Thanks Doug. What do u suggest feeding them so far all I've tryed is frozen mysis. Do u feed them your home made food or a coral food?

My trick was to thaw mysis in a cup of tank water then suck up the juice with a turkey baster and squirt it. The shrimp juice made it open. Now the come out every time I feed the fish and they stay out. I feed mainly mysis every second day and it's doing great. I have mine under direct t5 lighting and it seems quite happy there

Attachments

• image-1578396651.jpg
    image-1578396651.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom