sun polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are you feeding? By the looks of it, the food is not large enough to be of any use to this particular coral. Best thing to do is add something enticing (scent) to the water like the juice from thawed foods or similar. Once the polyps on the coral open up, use a small dropper to feed eat individual polyp head. It cannot eat while closed up like that. Small meaty foods about the size of mysis is best.

Should look like this when open...
suncoral.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Best thing to do is add something enticing (scent) to the water like the juice from thawed foods or similar. Once the polyps on the coral open up, use a small dropper to feed eat individual polyp head
That is what she is using the bottle for. To keep the cleaners away and get the polyps out. They came out much more than the picture. I thought mysis was to big for these? I am not sure what she fed it but I am guessing it had frozen cyclopeeze in it. tomorrow is tank day, we will work on it.

Wow........Ok Steve lets switch :lol: Are those in your tank or did you just find a pic? Someone gave us the suggestion to feed like that. The other shrimp go all over it when I try to feed it. I will try harder to get a very very long dropper to get to the bottom. Do you know of a different method?

Yes, those where from my tank but many years ago. I no longer have them.

The cover feeding is a good option when the "theives" are out. A better option to target feed in conjunction with the cover though might be some rigid plastic airline piping. Looks the same as the airline used for airstones except rigid. Using a hot kettle, you can manipulate one end to angle slightly so it can be targeted easily in front of each polyp. You can then attach a flexible air tube to extend the length and use a syringe like the large measuring one that comes with the Salifert kits to force the food out of the tube. As far as food size, it does need to be on the slightly larger size. Too smalll and it will not get enough nutrition. This is a zooplankton feeder, not a filter feeder.

Cheers
Steve

Whenever I feed my fish even if it is flake food mine come out and I make a batch of brine shrimp for them. I have a pic of mine in my gallery ,Melissa

They are doing oh so great now..............Lando, Steve thank you for the ideas they are all out I will post a pic soon.

again thank you!!!!!!! whhhoooo :D

Back
Top Bottom