Super Brown Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
Went I left my house for the weekend and went to the beach when I get back my rocks are browns and theres some sort of algae on my Powerhead. Is this algae? How do I get fight this?!

Attachments

• image-707464645.jpg
    image-707464645.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-4081871712.jpg
    image-4081871712.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1655930661.jpg
    image-1655930661.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 107
JuanArti said:
Went I left my house for the weekend and went to the beach when I get back my rocks are browns and theres some sort of algae on my Powerhead. Is this algae? How do I get fight this?!

Looks like it may be diatoms. You can just clean the power head in tank water and the you can but the rocks with a turkey baster and if the sand bothers you, you can siphon it. In still new to saltwater. Only have mine for going on 9 months now. How long has the tank been running. I had diatoms when I started and it just went away.

Just looked again the power head will definitely come clean. And the rocks you can probably just blow it right off or wipe it down with your hands before a water change.

My tanks been running for about 5 months more or less. I'll do a water change tomorrow. I was trying to do pwc every two weeks instead of once every week because my salt was really high but what ever. I hate how it makes my tank look dirty.

JuanArti said:
Is it possible to burn your rocks?

I don't think so... It happened in my freshwater tank also. Had a nice diatom bloom but I liked it. It covered all my new white rock brown and all the new really green fake plants with brown algae. It looked a lot more natural. Don't worry too much about it. Just keep up on your water changes.

I left my light on for about 32 hours. That's why this happened -_-

I did a water change last night removed all the algae and scraped off some of the brown stuff. I'm just going to reduce my lights from 12 hours to 10 Andre what happens.

Back
Top Bottom