Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Super excited, Coralline Algae!

Ok, so this might seem like a small thing to those who've been around for a while, but I'm excited and I want someone else to be excited with me!
Today, after doing my water tests (SG up a little, almost time for an RO top off), I happened to notice 4 small spots of pink coralline algae on the back tank wall!
It's been on the rocks, frag plugs, and even on my torch's coralite, but this is the first I've seen on the glass!
Now, will this compete with the green haze and the brown smudge algaes I've had on the glass up till now?
Also, some of the pink I think came in on a zooanthid rock. And today I also noticed that that pink coralline algae is no longer just encrusting, it appears to be forming ridge like extensions. How cool is this? Will try to take pictures tomorrow when the lights are on again.
Anyway, just had to share!

MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nice ! Good for you! just wait though, it spreads like the plague. i literally have it plating in my tank. lol

Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Jealous. I'm waiting for the pink stuff in my DT.. it seems to only be growing in the sump. I have some green on my rocks, but I'd like to get the green and the pink together on the back of my glass!

Nice job.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crazy thing, tank has been set up less than a month and a half! I want the back pane plated with it. Saw a great tank at Aquarium Paradise where it's so thick it's falling off, but star polyps, zooanthids, and even kenya trees are growing on it! Now, there are some rocks in here with other colors... should I just let it be, or maybe scrape them a little?
MacDracor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algae, coral, coralline

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com