Super excited, Coralline Algae!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacDracor

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so this might seem like a small thing to those who've been around for a while, but I'm excited and I want someone else to be excited with me!
Today, after doing my water tests (SG up a little, almost time for an RO top off), I happened to notice 4 small spots of pink coralline algae on the back tank wall!
It's been on the rocks, frag plugs, and even on my torch's coralite, but this is the first I've seen on the glass!
Now, will this compete with the green haze and the brown smudge algaes I've had on the glass up till now?
Also, some of the pink I think came in on a zooanthid rock. And today I also noticed that that pink coralline algae is no longer just encrusting, it appears to be forming ridge like extensions. How cool is this? Will try to take pictures tomorrow when the lights are on again.
Anyway, just had to share!

Nice ! Good for you! just wait though, it spreads like the plague. i literally have it plating in my tank. lol

Jealous. I'm waiting for the pink stuff in my DT.. it seems to only be growing in the sump. I have some green on my rocks, but I'd like to get the green and the pink together on the back of my glass!

Nice job.

Crazy thing, tank has been set up less than a month and a half! I want the back pane plated with it. Saw a great tank at Aquarium Paradise where it's so thick it's falling off, but star polyps, zooanthids, and even kenya trees are growing on it! Now, there are some rocks in here with other colors... should I just let it be, or maybe scrape them a little?

Back
Top Bottom