Superglue??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bird33

Aquarium Advice Activist
I used superglue gel to make a platform for my skimmer . I cut a piece of plexiglass and glued legs to it. Is this alright ?? (Superglue gel)

If you are using any type of superglue in your tank, it needs to be 100% cyanoacrylate. Anything else can leach into your water and be bad.
In terms on if it would hold...maybe? Depends on the size and weight of the skimmer, stand you are making... I'd just use some egg crate and tie it together if I had to make one. Last skimmer I needed to put on a stand I used a dinner plate.

Probably would have been better to use an acrylic glue but superglue is fine.

I cut a piece of plexiglass 9x14 glued 5 couplings to it. The glue held fine. I saw that people use superglue to glue corals so I figured it would be fine. I just want to cross my T's and dot my lower case J's. I'm a newbie! I put up a pic of the stand in a few . Here's my plumbing ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396634840.791753.jpg

Looks awesome. Do you have a pump outside the sump to send the water back up?

Yes I do sorry you can't see it , let me see if I got a picture.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398340917.866933.jpg

Back
Top Bottom