Supplemental Lighting for Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED 48" on a mixed reef 65 gallon reef tank. I’ve had it running for about 2 months and have pretty good growth. I also have a 2 bulb T-8 48 inch florescent fixture that I would like to add for supplemental lighting. Can anyone recommend a brand and best type of bulb?

Are you adding this light to try and help growth? What's the point of adding it?

I'd like to get a little more color pop from the coral. I've also read a few blogs with reefers having the same Current LED fixture with supplemental lighting but have not found any specifics.

if your looking for more color pop try adding a couple of those 4 inch blue led strips they sell for glow fish I have 4 of them over my 40g to bring out the colors in my macro's
there like 10 bucks each you can get them in any pet store

If you're looking to improve coral color/growth you want t5 HO lighting not t8. T8 lighting is pretty weak and won't do anything for the corals

I already have the T8 unit and would prefer to not spend anymore money on another fixture. Figured it would be better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom