Suppliments for Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i finally got my lights today. Im going to start out light with the corals, then progress from there. My question is: What type of supliments and food should I use? I've been told: PhytoPlex, ChromaPlex, Coralgro, and Calcium +3. Any input?

liquid life marine plankton sure it's about 25 bucks a bottle at a good lfs but 2 pumps a week will feed the 10-15 corals i have in my tank plus some of my fish really go for them also...

Depends somewhat on the coral. Some corals will eat meaty foods like shrimp, etc where as other corals are more filter feeders and require phytoplankton or other forms of planktonic sized food.

What corals are you looking at getting. For the most part you dont need to supplment for healthy corals. I hardly ever add supplments with the direct intend of feeding the corals.

First three look like food items and the last I have not heard of but by the name i would guess would be a water additive to boost calcium levels.

Each coral type is different. For example the Sun Coral must be feed daily for it to survive where as lets say the average leather coral can live and grow just fine with out any direct form of feeding.

Back
Top Bottom