support sps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
will this fixture with two 10k and two actinic support sps corals? would the use of 15k-20k bulbs increase the PAR reading? i know that these are sort of open questions but i would like to know if there's a way to increase PAR without changing the fixture or adding more fixture.

3Ft/4Bulbs fixture

i don't have a PAR meter, which is the reason why i'm asking these questions. hopefully i don't have to get one

Using the 10k would probably give you the best par. However using good bulbs like ati or geismann 15k will give you better par than cruddy stock bulbs. IMO you could keep montipora and possibly birdsnest with that fixture. No acros though.

Using the 10k would probably give you the best par. However using good bulbs like ati or geismann 15k will give you better par than cruddy stock bulbs. IMO you could keep montipora and possibly birdsnest with that fixture. No acros though.

well, this is exactly the reason why I created this thread. I would like to keep some acros and other sps. my monti and birds nest are growing well. I figure it's time for the more adventurous corals

Anyway to add 2 more bulbs to it? Or maybe try some cheap acro frags and see how they do.

Back
Top Bottom