Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I am definitely going to have to try that. Thanks for the great tip!!

54G AGA Corner Tank
Eheim 2215 Canister Filter (w/ live rock rubble in it)
3 Maxijet 1200 Power Heads
Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer
Acqua C Remora Pre-Skimmer
75 pounds Live Rock
30" 2x65w Coralife Lunar Aqualights
Diatom Filter
Turbo Twist UV

2 Percula Clowns, Diamond Golby, Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, Lawnmower Blenny, PPmint shrimp, 3 emerald crabs and a huge cleaning crew (snails and crabs)
djmpj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a few of the power head holders from algae free and they are stronger magnets then they put in there cleaning magnets.

I've has SW tanks now for 6 years and hated suction cups, seeing that you have to replace then every few years and they fall off all the time.

whats rough is when algae free came out with the holders they were only 14 dollars for the sure grip 50, i bought 6, then i went back and they were up to 25 dollars a little pricey.

I know algae frees cleaning magnets are weak, but other companys might be stronger, depending on the size of the ph you might want to be careful.

ddm_aet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
This works great if you've done the maxijet mod. Since you basically change the direction of the flow from the side port to the bottom you need a new way to mount the PH anyway. Using the mag cleaner and some glue should work great.
angelscrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought mine from Marine Depot too. They are great and makes it easy for removing the PH. Money well spent.
kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have 2 Sure Grips and love them. They are thin - much thinner than Mag Float, unobtrusive, hold really good, and for comparison even the cheapest large magnet cleaner costs here CND$18.
daebjosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, this post is the best ever lol. I was wondering if everyone had the same prob with their PH too. I get SO agitated- I clean the suction cups put them back on and no sooner do I get done putting one back on the other one has already came off AGAIN and is blowing everything around. I think Im gunna go to walmart tomorrow and do the cleaner magnet project though, sounds very helpful and a lot cheaper. Thanks for this post!!!
ICEnVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
walmarts brands are black and thin so they are not as obtrusive as the mag float ... One other tip with suction cups that I found helps is that if you soak them in vinigar for a few minutes then rinse ,this removes gunk .... then take them and boil them to reset them this has worked for me so far ....

Nanoreefing site
2 nanos
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com