"Sure swimming is cool Mr. Tang, but can you do this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoopsGuru

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally got a pic of my porcupine puffer exercising his abilities the other day:

Porky%20inflated.jpg

He has yet to do it out of fear, but instead seems to need to stretch every now and then. It is amazing to watch.

Hoops, I would definatly enter that in the photo contest. If you win it will be on a calendar next year.

BTW, you guys should check out hoops' site, www.reefnut.com . He is just getting the forum rolling and you can see pics of his tank. good site.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I thought about entering the contest, this guy is that photogenic it makes it easy to get good shots. it would be very cool to be on an AA calendar.

And thanks for the promo mp, I am more than thrilled to have had you show me this site and become a member. There are very few that are 110% for the hobby, and everyone here should be proud of that.

say could you post a non inflated pic as a refernce. thts one scary looking fish with all those spines :)

I had a porky for four years and only saw him inflare once. It is great that you have a pic!

Mine is currently about 5" or so. I got him as a picked on 2" at the LFS and so began my puffer journey. I have seen various potential sizes for them in captivity, anywhere from 12-18". Bizzybeas, how large was yours in 4 years?

Here is a reference picture, although he was a little smaller in this pic:

Porky.jpg

With his personality, it is a very cool fish. And I had once thought my freshwater oscars demanded attention! :wink:

Over the period of five years I went through three "Hooties" they kept outgrowing my tank. I had a 70 gallon. One of then got almost a foot long and ate a few of my fish!

I saw two of these at the LFS, I love them even when they are deflated, man that is one cool cool fish.

Hoops, I voted for your pic at about.com. (I am assuming it was yours) You were winning by far! :D

Back
Top Bottom